Attached is a copy of the week’s research terms. Topics will be selected on a first come first serve basis. To claim a topic, go to this weekâ€™s discussion forum (below) and check what topics remain available. Select an available topic and start a new discussion thread by placing ONLY the topic in the Subject Line (do not put your name or anything else here). Leave the body of the thread blank and save the post. In weeks where there are insufficient topics for everyone; once all topics have been selected you may then start selecting from the entire list again. But there should never be three posts on the same topic â€“ if so the last one posted will receive no credit.
After your topic selection, research your selected topic in the universityâ€™s electronic library from only academic (refereed) journals. You will need at least three journal references and the textbook. Start your research with the textbook so it always grounds your topic. When your research is complete post it in the discussion forum below.
Your research papaer should be at least 650+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced).
- Structure your paper as follows:
- Cover page
- Overview describing the importance of the research topic to current business and professional practice in your own words.
- Purpose of Research should reflect the potential benefit of the topic to the current business and professional practice and the larger body of research.
- Review of the Literature summarized in your own words. Note that this should not be a â€œcopy and pasteâ€ of literature content, nor should this section be substantially filled with direct quotes from the article. A literature review is a summary of the major points and findings of each of the selected articles (with appropriate citations). Direct quotations should be used sparingly. Normally, this will be the largest section of your paper (this is not a requirement; just a general observation).
- Practical Application of the literature. Describe how your findings from the relevant research literature can shape, inform, and improve current business and professional practice related to your chosen topic.
- Conclusion in your own words
- References formatted according to APA style requirements