Reflection (R1) Week 2
Chapter 2 of the book provides an introduction and overview of various blockchain platform startups from recent years that currently exist in the market:
- Everledger: a permanent ledger for diamond certification and related transaction history.
- Cardano: a smart contract platform that seeks to deliver more advanced features than any protocol previously developed.
- Stellar: a platform that connects banks, payments systems, and people. Moves money quickly, reliably, and at almost no cost.
- NEO: a competitor to Ethereum, NEO is developing an open network for a smart economy.
- Coinbase: a platform to buy and sell bitcoin and ether.
- Lisk: a platform that enables the development and publishing of blockchain applications with your own sidechains.
- Blockstream: offers software and hardware solutions using the Blockchain.
- tÃ˜: a blockchain-based trading platform.
- OpenBazaar: a decentralised marketplace.
- BitFury: one of the biggest bitcoin mining infrastructure providers
- Augur: a decentralised prediction market built on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Neureal: open source and decentralised artificial intelligence.
- Maidsafe: a distributed platform that enables the creation of fast and secure applications.
- IPFS: a peer-to-peer distributed file system that aims to replace http.
- Imagjn: developing a reputation protocol to enable collaboration among individuals, organisations, and things.
- EOS: a smart contract platform for DApps that raised over $4 billion in their token sale.
You task in this assignment is to select one of these startup companies mentioned from the textbook and conduct a brief research assessment on them in a 3-4 page paper addressing the following:
- What is the companyâ€™s target business function?
- What type of business advantage do they provide markets and companies?
- What is the current challenge do you think in your own words this company has in being adopted in business today?
- What is the companyâ€™s overall marketing approach? Are they on social media, blogs, or an any other medium to be discovered by clients?