Internet research: RecruitmentÂ
In this assignment students are required to identify and assess employer branding techniques and online external recruiting best practices.Â
Students are expected to research and evaluate four companies’ websites and career pages. Students will evaluate recruitment and employer branding strategies and methods and develop higher level linkages between what they observe and what they have learned in the program, outlining similarities and differences and offering evaluation and criticism of the recruitment and employer branding strategies and methods for those companies while recommending ways for improvement based on what they have learned as well as further studies/research.Â
Â This internet research analysis is required to be submitted at the end of Unit 5, and which is worth 18%.
- Assess and identify employer branding techniques
- Assess online recruiting best practices
- Examine strategies for recruiting a more diverse workforce
- Identify various methods used for external recruitmentÂ
Dessler, G., & Chhinzer, N. (2020). Human resources management in Canada (14th Canadian ed.). Pearson Canada Inc.Â
Review chapter 6 of the course textbookÂ
1. Select and visit four company websites of your choice (not including the textbook example of McDonaldâ€™s in Chapter 6) and review their approach to employer branding and recruitment. Â Conduct research to gather information to address but not limited to the following questions:
a. Of the four companies, identify one that is exemplary (i.e., makes you want to apply) and one that requires improvement (i.e., makes you question whether you would want to work there). Â What were your reasons for making these choices?
b. How have these companies incorporated social media to support their branding?
a. What best practises are being used? (refer to best practices suggested throughout Chapter 6 of the textbook).
b. What is being done (if anything) to recruit a more diverse workforce?
a. What type of external recruitment methods do these companies use on these websites? Â Do they use recruitment websites like indeed.ca or LinkedIn? What is the usefulness of this type of recruitment websites to potential candidates?